Sunday, October 24, 2010
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Whipper Snappers sign on 7.30am...Race Time 8.00am
A B C D Sign on: 8.00am....Race Start: 9.00am
Will be our XC Race loop (as per North Coast Series) with a map up soon.
Meet at the Kempsey Golf Club
Time to lock in our rooms: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your room & how many as I am wanting to lock in our accomodation by this Saturday 8th January 2011. Those wanting a room buddy please let me know also and I will get some suggested rooms together.
We will be staying at the Alpin Motel.Single: NZ$105 per night
Double twin: NZ $60 per person per night.
Quad/triple share: NZ $45 per person per night.
Plan your room to suit your budget & we will be finalizing our room booking on the 15th December 2010.
If you don't have a bed by the 15th don't blame me.
How to book1. Have a passport
2. Book you flight at www.airnewzealand.com.au
(select the flights above with the "Seat & Bag" option which will allow for your bike).
3. Select your room buddies (3 per room ok or 2 couples per room or 2 adults 2 kids etc)
4. Book a room at the Aplin
5. Pack your bags
9:25am - 2:40pm NZ0820 - 3h15m
Rotorua TO Sydney-Kingsford Smith Airport - the week including Sat 23 Apr 2011
3:40pm - 5:25pm NZ0823 - 3h45m
Ride Redwood forest 13th
Lake Taupo 14th
Shuttle runs 15th
Free day 16th
Shuttle runs 17th
Free ride 18th
LUGE DAY 19th
Shuttle runs 20th
Free day 21st
White water rafting 22nd
- FITNESS. Not all riding is big mountain but if you plan to ride daily start riding our trails daily to get some fitness & be able to enjoy the trails as you may be in the Redwoods forest for half a day each day which is fine for the first day but consecutive days can wear you down if not prepared.
- BIKE. The lower half of the Redwoods forest is fine for any hard tail trail bike but the higher you go the more technical & exciting the rides get and a 125mm travel bike with good brakes & tyres will handle the conditions best. I was at home on my Reign X (160mm) with 2.35 tires.
- CLOTHES. Riding the conditions can change quickly & you would want to allow for cool conditions to early to warm at lunch before getting cold by 3pm.
- MONEY. You can access funds from many ATM's and this seems to offer you the best exchange rates but be prepared to have money NZ money on you before you land in Rotorua & try to keep a little cash on you when out & about.
- PACKING. You can use bike boxes (from bike shop). Be aware you have upto 30kg of luggage allowance, which includes bike, riding gear, spares & personal items, go over this & you'll pay big!
- TRANSFERS. Getting to Sydney it is best to drive, you can leave you car at the internation termials long term car park. Pre book to save money parking.sydneyairport.com.au. From Rotorua airport to the motel the Aplin will arrange a shuttle. its only a 10min drive.
- NON RIDING ACTIVITIES, Rotorua is a town of similar size to Coffs Harbour, with 7 bike shops & all shopping requirements you need with the town prepared for international visitors. The home of geothermal hot springs with plenty of day spas, its also the Maori cultural centre of NZ so do some home work and prepare to do more than just ride.
Monday, October 11, 2010
Tim Wynan has notched another achievement in his riding career, adding the title of Coffs Coast Cycle Challenge to his resume. In 2hour 1minute Tim won the 75km road challenge riding from Coffs jetty, through Sawtell to Urunga & back.
Click Here to see the NBN report of the event